Friday 19 October 2012

long time gone

Well, I've been a long time gone. Life's changed a wee bit but all is good and I'm ready again to start work.
I'm getting on with my Goglet and Pea book, I've written a fair bit and really getting into writing recently. So, as well as artwork (which I'll be up loading soon) I've written a few poems. Just a bit of nonsense really but I do think that opening me up a little. I'm still working on illustrations for a childrens book and I'll have them finished soon(ish).

I've a new studio in Derby and it's been a real inspiration being there. Here's a poem I wrote when procrastinating (an artform all by itself)

The Marble

Today I found a marble, sat upon the floor
Picked it up and looked at it
Then I wanted more
I went into the garden, and started looking around
Began digging and found one, stuck there in the ground
Pulled it up and rubbed it
Washed it shiny and new
But to play with all my marbles, I had too few
I must look for all my marbles
To  play with them is a must!
But I long lost all my marbles
Many years since thus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some are big
Some are small
Some have coloured swirls
Some nothing at all
Some are chipped and broken
Some are shiny and new
Some have been used as ammo
Some were once too many
Some are now too few
Some were swapped
Some were lost
Some were free; at no cost
Some of us have forgotten
Some pretend to forget
Some will remember one day
Some marbles have not all been lost yet 

I thank kew!

No comments: